What Procedure is Right for You?
Glasses…contact lenses…daily cleaning solutions…
These are the daily hassles that many people have to endure in order to see clearly. These visual aids help people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism. However, if you are very active, wearing lenses can hinder your performance and prohibit you from participating in certain activities. The ongoing maintenance of glasses, frames, and contacts can also be an expensive nuisance.
At the Idaho Eye and Laser Center, we have helped thousands of people gain the freedom to live life without corrective lenses through two types of vision correction procedures:
- LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis): corrects refractive errors of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism often helping people achieve 20/20 vision
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy): corrects refractive errors of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism with similar results of LASIK for people with thin corneas
When it comes to vision correction, a procedure that is effective for one person may not be right for you – even if you have the same eyeglass prescription. The right procedure for you will depend on several factors:
- Corneal thickness
- Presence of eye disease or eye conditions
- Strength of your glasses prescription (refractive error)
- Tear film assessment
- Medical condition
- Vision goals
General LASIK/PRK Requirements
- 18 years or older
- Stable vision prescription for at least one year
- Free of eye disease or other interfering vision conditions
- Proper corneal thickness
- Good overall health
- Realistic expectations
- Full understanding of the potential risks
The only way to find out if clear vision without glasses is a possibility for you is by scheduling a free LASIK Screening with us. You can learn if having LASIK or PRK in Southeast Idaho is right for you. There is no obligation and you will leave our office knowing more about your own eye health. The decision on how to proceed will be entirely up to you.