iFS® Advanced Femtosecond Laser in Southeast Idaho
5th Generation Intralase Technology
Utilized in over eight million procedures and cited in hundreds of scientific articles, the iFS® Laser is a comprehensive platform built on IntraLase® Technology’s legacy of surgical precision. Delivering fully individualized procedures from LASIK flaps to inlay pocket creation, the iFS® Laser is the ideal choice for every ophthalmic subspecialty.
The iFS® Laser offers highly customizable LASIK flap creation with multiple options to individualize your LASIK procedures to each patient’s unique visual needs.
- Complete surgical control down to the micron in terms of diameter, depth and edge angle
- Inverted bevel-in side cut, customizable up to 150˚, helps increase flap stability and strength postoperatively
- Elliptical flaps maximize stromal bed exposure for full delivery of excimer ablation
- Fast flap creation allows procedures to be completed in under 12 seconds, creating an easy experience for both surgeons and patients
LASIK flaps created with the iFS® Laser offer excellent quality and control.
- Low energy, tight spot spacing and line separation create a smooth stromal bed, allowing for easy lift, minimal inflammation and fast flap creation
- Inverted bevel-in side cut may provide fewer dry eye signs and symptoms than with 30◦side cut
- Thin, uniform (planar) flaps result in minimal disruption of corneal architecture and high predictability and reproducibility
The iFS® Laser goes beyond LASIK with customizable procedures for:
- IntraLase®-enabled keratoplasty (IEK) incisions in multiple configurations
- Intrastromal and penetrating arcuate incisions, with complete control of angles, placement and orientation for micron-level accuracy
- Multiplanar clear corneal and planar paracentesis incisions during cataract surgery
- Pocket creation for inlay placements, with options for width, offset, depth, side-cut radius and side-cut angle
- Intracorneal corneal ring segments (ICRS), with greater control over channel depth and accuracy than mechanical instruments